Tomorrow is Valentines Day!
This phrase will either excite you or make you roll your eyes. If you aren't enjoying the day with a loved one, friends or family, don't worry, there is still someone you can be in love with! Yourself!
Not in the over self-indulged way, but in the appreciative, accepting and proud of yourself kind of way. You are awesome!
Oscar Wilde once said, "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Many of us spend too much time comparing ourselves to others or thinking of where we are going and what we want to become. But how much do you think about where you've come from and what are you now?
Love you are today and be yourself. Be who you are and not what other people expect you to be while exhibiting the best qualities of yourself that you know how!
Here are some tips on finding yourself and who you are:
- Find the time to learn upon what you value and take time to consider what makes up the essence of who you are.
- Allow yourself to forgive past errors and past behaviors you're not so proud of. Work on accepting mistakes and choices you've made; they're done and in the past.
- Never stop looking for your own strengths. Over time, these may change and thus, so may your definition of yourself, but never let up in focusing and refocusing on them.
- Stop worrying about the things you cannot control.
- Stop caring about how people perceive you. Some of them will like you and some of them won't. Either attitude is as likely to be right or wrong.